Selling with the Haucks
Your time is valuable. As your realtor, it is our focus to make your home buying or selling experience as easy as possible for YOU!
This is what the Hauck's will do for you . . .
- Get the power of the ReMax brand working for you.
- Access to website 24/7 to follow the process of your home buying or selling.
- State of the art website design and advertising:
- Plus 70 more!
Total internet exposure for your home!
- Virtual Tour of your home loaded onto all of our websites.
- Full color brochures in your home.
- RE/MAX Sign....Solar powered, if available.
- Front yard brochure box.
- Written marketing plan designed to sell your home.
Here is a list of the many things we do!
- Make appointment with seller for listing presentation.
- Send seller an e-mail confirmation of listing appointment & call to confirm.
- Review pre-appointment questions.
- Research all comparable currently listed properties.
- Research sales activity for past 18 months from MLS & public records databases.
- Research "Average Days on Market" for property this type, price range & location.
- Download & review property tax information.
- Prepare "Comparable Market Analysis" (CMA) to establish fair market value.
- Obtain copy of subdivision plat/complex lay-out.
- Research property's ownership & deed type.
- Research property's public record information for lot size & dimensions.
- Research & verify legal description.
- Research property's lD, use coding & deed restrictions.
- Research property's current use & zoning.
- Verify legal names of owner(s) in county's public property records.
- Prepare listing presentation package with above materials.
- Perform exterior "Curb Appeal Assessment" of subject property.
- Compile & Assemble formal file on property.
Listing Appointment Presentation
- Present seller with an overview of current market conditions & projections.
- Review agent's & Company's credentials & accomplishments in the market.
- Present Company's profile & position or "niche" in the marketplace.
- Present CMA Results To Seller, incl. Comps, Solds, Current Listings & Expireds.
- Offer pricing strategy based on professional judgment & interpretation of current market conditions.
- Discuss Goals With Seller To Market Effectively.
- Explain market power & benefits of Multiple Listing Service.
- Explain market power of web marketing, VOW & REALTOR.com.
- Explain the work the brokerage & agent do "behind the scenes" & agent's availability on weekends.
- Explain agent's role in taking calls to screen for qualified buyers & protect seller from curiosity seekers.
- Present & discuss strategic master marketing plan.
- Explain different agency relationships & determine seller's preference.
- Review & explain all clauses in Listing Contract & Addendum & obtain seller's signature.]
Once Property is Under Listing Agreement
- Measure overall & heated square footage.
- Measure interior room sizes.
- Note any & all unrecorded property lines, agreements, easements.
- Obtain house plans, if applicable & available.
- Review house plans & make copy.
- Prepare showing instructions for buyers' agents & agree on showing time window with seller.
- Discuss possible buyer financing alternatives & options with seller.
- Review current appraisal if available.
- Identify Home Owner Association manager, if applicable.
- Verify Home Owner Association Fees with manager - mandatory or optional & current annual fee.
- Order copy of Homeowner Association bylaws, if applicable.
- Research electricity availability & supplier's name & phone number.
- Ascertain need for lead-based paint disclosure.
- Prepare detailed list of property amenities & assess market impact.
- Prepare detailed list of property's "Inclusions & Conveyances with Sale".
- Send "Vacancy Checklist" to seller if property is vacant.
- Explain benefits of Home Owner Warranty to seller.
- Assist sellers with submission of Home Owner Warranty Application.
- Place Home Owner Warranty in property file for conveyance at time of sale.
- Have extra key made for lockbox.
- Verify if property has rental units involved. & if so:
a. Make copies of all leases for retention in listing file.
b. Verify all rents & deposits.
c. Inform tenants of listing & discuss how showings will be handled
- Arrange for installation of yard sign.
- Assist seller with completion of Seller's Disclosure form.
- "New Listing Checklist" Completed.
- Review results of Curb Appeal Assessment with seller & provide suggestions to improve salability.
- Review results of Interior Décor Assessment & suggest changes to shorten time on market.
Entering Property in Multiple Listing Service Database
- Enter property data from Profile Sheet into MLS Listing Database.
- Proofread MLS database listing for accuracy - including proper placement in mapping function.
- Add property to company's Active Listings list.
- Provide seller with signed copies of Listing Agreement & MLS Profile Sheet Data Form within 48 hours.
- Take additional photos for upload into MLS & use in flyers. Discuss efficacy of panoramic photography.
Marketing the Listing
- Create print & Internet ads with seller's input.
- Coordinate showings with owners, tenants, & other Realtors. Return all calls – weekends included.
- Install electronic lock box if authorized by owner. Program with agreed-upon showing time windows.
- Prepare mailing & contact list.
- Review comparable MLS listings regularly to ensure property remains competitive in price, terms, conditions & availability.
- Prepare property marketing brochure for seller's review.
- Arrange for printing or copying of supply of marketing brochures or fliers.
- Place marketing brochures in all company agent mail boxes.
- Upload listing to company & agent Internet site, if applicable.
- Advise Network Referral Program of listing.
- Provide marketing data to buyers coming through international relocation networks.
- Provide marketing data to buyers coming from referral network.
- Provide "Special Feature" cards for marketing, if applicable.
- Submit ads to company's participating Internet real estate sites.
- Price changes conveyed promptly to all Internet groups.
- Reprint/supply brochures promptly as needed.
- Feedback e-mails sent to buyers' agents after showings.
- Discuss feedback from showing agents with seller to determine if changes will accelerate the sale.
- Place regular weekly update calls to seller to discuss marketing & pricing.
- Promptly enter price changes in MLS listing database.
The Offer & Contract
- Receive & review all Offer to Purchase contracts submitted by buyers or buyers' agents.
- Counsel seller on offers. Explain merits & weakness of each component of each offer.
- Contact buyers' agents to review buyer's qualifications & discuss offer.
- Fax/deliver Seller's Disclosure to buyer's agent or buyer upon request & prior to offer if possible.
- Confirm buyer is pre-qualified by calling Loan Officer.
- Obtain pre-qualification letter on buyer from Loan Officer.
- Negotiate all offers on seller's behalf, setting time limit for loan approval & closing date.
- Prepare & convey any counteroffers, acceptance or amendments to buyer's agent.
- Fax copies of contract & all addendums to closing attorney or title company.
- When Offer to Purchase Contract is accepted & signed by seller, deliver to buyer's agent.
- Record & promptly deposit buyer's earnest money in escrow account.
- Disseminate "Under-Contract Showing Restrictions" as seller requests.
- Deliver copies of fully signed Offer to Purchase contract to seller.
- Deliver copies of Offer to Purchase contract to Selling Agent.
- Deliver copies of Offer to Purchase contract to lender.
- Provide copies of signed Offer to Purchase contract for office file.
- Advise seller in handling additional offers to purchase submitted between contract & closing.
- Change status in MLS to "Sale Pending".
- Update transaction management program to show "Sale Pending".
- Assist buyer with obtaining financing, if applicable & follow-up as necessary.
- Deliver unrecorded property information to buyer.
- Order septic system inspection, if applicable.
- Receive & review septic system report-assess any possible impact on sale
- Deliver copy of septic system inspection report lender & buyer.
- Deliver Well Flow Test Report copies to lender & buyer .
- Verify termite inspection ordered if required.
- Verify mold inspection ordered, if required.
Tracking the Loan Process
- Confirm Verifications of Deposit has Been Returned.
- Follow Loan Processing Through To The Underwriter.
- Add lender & other vendors to transaction management program so agents, buyer & seller can track progress of sale.
- Contact lender weekly to ensure processing is on track.
- Relay final approval of buyer's loan application to seller.
- Coordinate buyer's professional home inspection with seller.
- Review home inspector's report.
- Explain seller's responsibilities with respect to loan limits & interpret any clauses in the contract.
- Ensure seller's compliance with Home Inspection Clause requirements.
- Recommend or assist seller with identifying & negotiating with trustworthy contractors to perform any required repairs.
- Negotiate payment & oversee completion of all required repairs on seller's behalf, if needed.
- Schedule Appraisal.
- Provide comparable sales used in market pricing to Appraiser.
- Follow-Up On Appraisal.
- Assist seller in questioning appraisal report if it seems too low.
Closing Preparations & Duties
- Contract Is Signed By All Parties.
- Coordinate closing process with buyer's agent & lender.
- Update closing forms & files.
- Ensure all parties have all forms & information needed to close the sale.
- Confirm closing date & time & notify all parties.
- Assist in solving any title problems (boundary disputes, easements, etc) or in obtaining Death Certificates.
- Work with buyer's agent in scheduling & conducting buyer's Final Walk-Thru prior to closing.
- Request final closing figures from closing (attorney or title company).
- Forward verified closing figures to buyer's agent.
- Request copy of closing documents from closing agent.
- Confirm buyer & buyer's agent have received title insurance commitment.
- Provide "Home Owners Warranty" for availability at closing.
- Review all closing documents carefully for errors.
- Forward closing documents to absentee seller as requested.
- Review documents with closing agent (attorney).
- Provide earnest money deposit check from escrow account to closing agent.
- Coordinate this closing with seller's next purchase & resolve any timing problems.
- Refer sellers to one of the best agents at their destination, if applicable.
- Change MLS status to Sold. Enter sale date, price, selling broker & agent's ID numbers, etc.
- Close out listing in transaction management program.
Follow Up After Closing
- Answer questions about filing claims with Home Owner Warranty company if requested.
- Respond to any follow-on calls & provide any additional information required from office files.